Spotify is a music streaming application that allows users to access more than 30 million songs. It also has curated playlists and smart algorithms, which help users discover new music on the platform. Spotify was launched in October 2008, by founders Daniel Ek and Martin Lorentzon.
Today, Spotify is available across all platforms- Android , iOS , macOS , Windows and Linux . The same can be accessed on TVs via Chromecast or video game consoles like Xbox One .
Alexa is a voice assistant developed by Amazon. It is integrated into devices like the Amazon Echo and Echo Dot. Using Alexa, users can control various functions of their device through voice commands. For example, they can ask Alexa to play music, read the news, or add an item to their shopping list.
How does Alexa integrate with Spotify?
Amazon Echo devices are always ready to accept commands upon listening for their wake words – “Alexa” or “Echo”. Once you say the word, Alexa will process what you say next and perform an action accordingly.
Some of the things that you can do with Alexa are, turning on smart home devices, checking weather and traffic conditions, adding items to your shopping list, and even controlling the playback of music from streaming services like Spotify.
Alexa also has a “skills” section which users can install to enable new features. The “Spotify skill” is one such example that allows users to control the playback of their music via voice commands.
How to disconnect Spotify from Alexa?
There are two ways to disconnect Spotify from Alexa- either through the Spotify app or through the Amazon Alexa app.
If for some reason you want to stop using the Spotify skill with Alexa, or if you encounter any problems with it, here’s how you can disconnect it:
1) Open the Amazon Echo app on your mobile device.
2) Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the app to open the menu.
3) Scroll down and select “Settings”.
4) Select “Alexa Account” from the menu on the next screen.
5) Scroll down and locate the “Spotify” section. Here, you can disable the skill by toggling the switch to “off”.
6) Tap on “Save” when you’re done. Spotify will no longer be integrated with Alexa and you can continue using it as normal.
On the Spotify website::
1) Go to alexa.amazon.com and sign in with your Amazon account.
2) Click on “Skills” from the menu on the left, click on “Your Skills”.
3) Scroll down to Spotify, open it by clicking on the “Enable” button. If you want to disable it, you will have to scroll all the way down and toggle the switch next to it from “on” to “off”.
Even though Amazon Echo devices come with various music streaming apps like Spotify, Google Play Music and Apple Music pre-installed, Alexa will only work with the skills that you have enabled. If for some reason you want to stop using the skill, disconnecting it is easy as you can do it via the Amazon Echo app or on the site itself. For more tech stuffs please visit Inform As Tech.