Facebook Touch is a new feature that allows users to interact with the site using their fingers. The feature is currently available on the Facebook app for iPhone and Android. It works by allowing users to swipe left and right to scroll through posts and pages, tap on items to select them, and pinch to zoom in or out.
Facebook is also making a big push for mobile applications with its new Facebook platform. The company’s goal is to make the experience of using Facebook apps across all platforms as similar as possible so users can get the most out of their online experience.
Somewhere between 2018 and 2020, Facebook is expected to surpass follower counts. Facebook is one of the largest social media networks in the world, with over 2 billion users each month. Its fans have steadily increased since 2004, and social networks like Facebook are continually developing new features that better serve their customers. One of the latest consumer-facing capabilities is Facebook Touch, which is available on most mobile devices.
You know about Facebook Touch, but do you understand it over all of its different kin? Stay tuned. We’ll discuss this stuff in detail.
Basic Introduction about Facebook Touch / Touch Facebook
Facebook has fine-tuned its options to make the company more user-friendly. The Facebook Touch application eases the use of Facebook even with bad Internet connections and decreased performance. The Normal Facebook app also has a frustrating phone interface.
The Facebook touch application works like any other application to connect with Facebook, but offers an advantage over its other preexisting applications in media and other user-friendly functions. For those who have unreliable or slow internet connections, or even their usual Facebook app is slow, Facebook compared to them could be an ideal alternative. It executes flawlessly, even in the face of slow or unreliable internet providers.
What is Facebook Touch
Facebook touch is another form of standard Facebook application with a smooth and user-friendly interface. The application was created especially for touchscreen devices. Most people today have a touchscreen smartphone in their hands, and you have no doubt been using one for a long time. In order to facilitate smooth user interaction with Facebook, this application was developed to make it mobile-friendly. Facebook app users can choose to use this.
How To Access Facebook Touch?
All you need to do is type touch.facebook.com into the address bar.
How to log in via Facebook Touch?
The login process on Touch using the Facebook software is similar to the normal Facebook login process. If you have further questions, please check below.
- Visit the Facebook Touch URL: touch.facebook.com
- Enter your username and password, then you’ll enter the Facebook touch world.
How to download and Install Facebook Touch on your devices?
On the Play Store, there is no official Facebook Touch application. If you search the internet for “Download Facebook Touch”, you can find several APK files. You should not use these third-party applications since they are third-party is possible to add Facebook touch as a shortcut to your home screen if you still want it to be in your devices like other apps.n as a shortcut. Here are the steps to follow:
How to add Facebook Touch on your Android Home screen?
- Step 1: Open any web browser on your android phone
- Step 2: Browse the URL: https://touch.facebook.com/
- Step 3: Tap the three dots on the upper right corner after the page is fully loaded
- Step 4: Next, select the “Add to home screen” Option.
- Step 5: Now, complete the process by giving a proper name for the shortcut.
- Step 6: Check your home screen and enjoy.
How to add Facebook Touch on your IOS Home screen?
- Step 1: Browse Facebook Touch (https://touch.facebook.com/) on any of your preferred browsers.
- Step 2: Tap on the right arrow beside the browser box, to get a drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Tap on the “Add to Home screen” option.
- Step 4: Your browser will automatically exit and you will see a shortcut to Facebook Touch on your home screen.
Messaging On Facebook Touch
Up until now, you have never expected this news. Now you don’t need a messenger to chat with your Facebook friends! That’s right! Facebook Touch now offers social intermediary platform features as well. Now you’ll no longer have laggy your smartphone because of huge apps like a messenger.
How To Chat On Facebook Touch?
- Simply tap on the top-right icon of the Facebook touch interface
- Scroll and Find the “Chat” tab.
- Open it and enjoy chatting with your loved ones.
- You can share texts, images and emojis using the Facebook touch chat feature.
How To Change Profile Picture On Facebook Touch?
- Tap into the right side button and tap on your name. This will take you to your main profile page.
- Tap On your profile picture.
- Tap on “Change Profile Picture”. You can find this option below your current profile picture.
- Choose the desired photo.
- Complete the process by Tapping on the “Use This Photo” button.
How To Create Page On Facebook Touch?
- Go to Pages from the top right toggle menu.
- Tap On Create.
- Tap on get started.
- Give a name to your page and tap on next.
- Choose the appropriate category and sub-category then tap on next.
- Add profile or cover images and additional details and complete your page setup. However, you can skip these steps.
- Finally, you have done creating a page with a Facebook touch.
Facebook Touch Features
Facebook Touch operates as a browser-based app, so it is faster than other social media apps. Today, the application includes a range of functions and is essential for social media users. Here are some of them.
- Posting on Facebook by using touch is more convenient and easy.
- You can post photos and videos in the form of status updates, wall posts, and photo albums.
- You can upload multiple photos or videos at once on your page.
- You can also post links and videos on your Facebook touch.
- You can pinch to zoom your photos and videos on a page.
- You can also scale the photos and videos according to the size of the screen or device. You can hide the comment box from your page.
- You can reorder photos in a photo album or videos in the same photo album.
- You can upload your videos and pictures to your Facebook Timeline.
You can add more than one privacy option to each of your posts.
- More user-friendly interface: The user interface is designed to be user-friendly with a clean design.
- Better media quality: This allows us to view media in better quality than Facebook lite.
- Faster loading time: Facebook has been experimenting with different loading times for their pages. They have given their best on Facebook touch to make it the fastest and better user experience.
- Lower memory and battery usage: Memory consumption and battery lifespan are two of the primary factors that drive smartphone consumers to end up annoyed. The present Facebook program provides more power utilization and greater battery drain than an app. Facebook incorporates the touch feature, so you can utilize it on a web browser; as a result, it won’t utilize as much energy or drain battery power on your phone.
The downside of Facebook Touch
- Facebook touch is not compatible with larger displays. It is only for small smartphones.
- Media quality is quite better than Facebook lite but can’t experience the quality as on a normal Facebook app.
- Since We all are familiar with dynamic user interfaces, The Facebook Touch interface seems traditional and it makes feel us like a broken page.
What is the difference between Facebook and Facebook Touch?
The most often asked question I field from my reader is What is the difference between Facebook’s conventional application and Facebook’s dedicated touch?
Well, if you have accessed your Facebook account on any browsers on your digital devices, you may have noticed on a Google Chrome address bar that the Facebook touch and standard URL are different.
While browsing Facebook on your PC or smartphone, you may have discovered facebook.com, m.facebook.com, and touch.facebook.com.
Facebook’s touch users get an easy user experience, as it loads quickly and enables them to visit their Facebook feed without difficulties.
Facebook Touch, if enabled on smart devices, will make it possible for you to connect to both Facebook and Messenger.
Is It Worth Using Facebook Touch?
The Facebook Touch has loads of great features, but be sure to check it out before you decide to use it or not! It’s important to think about how many Facebook features you need and how many are supported by this version of Facebook.
It’s an alternative to the normal Facebook application and messenger, which will definitely help to save your memory usage on devices and help to extend your battery life.
Since It will always be available and you can easily access it anytime, you can use it as per your requirement and mood.
Is Facebook Touch Better?
Â It is a good alternative to the normal Facebook application and messenger, which will definitely help to save your memory usage on devices and help to extend your battery life. Since it will always be available and you can easily access it anytime, you can use it as per your requirement and mood. Facebook Messenger Lite App is the Best Alternative to Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and Viber. It has been developed in such a way that it can run on both Android and iOS devices.
Easy Access To Facebook Touch
Facebook touch allows you to easily access several Facebook features. Users can enjoy most of the things available in the original Facebook app on this light version of Facebook. Following are major features you can access on facebook touch.
- Profile: This allows you to edit your profile. This includes: Changing your profile image, cover image, adding work experiences, and other personal detail.
- Groups: With this, you can join several public and private groups. Also, it allows creating your own community.
- Pages: You can create pages for your business use or for anything you like.
- Marketplace: With this, you can explore a huge online marketplace that facilitates you to sell your products as well as you can find your desired products to buy.
- Help and Privacy: The privacy tab allows you to set up all privacy settings for your account which will help to keep your account safe. Also, you can reach the help centre if you got any problems with the app and try to find solutions for them.
- Apps: You can view all apps that are accessed with your Facebook account. You can also remove them if you want.
- Gaming: This allows you to enjoy several facebook based games. Some popular facebook touch games are Ludo, Cricket etc.
Ready To Switch To Facebook Touch?
So, are you ready to switch to Facebook touch? With all Facebook features and the fastest performance, I m using this for the last 2 months. The main thing I got with this new generation of Facebook is, It saves 2 GB of storage on my phone. Yes! 2 Gb, which was occupied by Facebook and Facebook Messenger applications.
Are all web browsers compatible with Facebook touch?
Yes! It’s compatible with every browser like google chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, Brave, Safari, etc. As it is a simple web page, there is no reason it should not be compatible with many browsers.
Why Should You Use Facebook Touch?
It’s your choice lol. If your phone has low space and you have a slow internet connection and still want to explore Facebook, there is no other choice than to use facebook touch.
So this was all about Facebook Touch. Through this article, I have tried my best to introduce you to the newly launched Facebook version (Facebook Touch). Had you tried it before? Or are you planning to use it now? I would love to hear, how was your journey with Facebook Touch, below in the comment section.