What is Instagram?
Instagram is a social media app that allows users to share photos and videos. It was created in 2010 and acquired by Facebook in 2012. As of 2019, Instagram has over one billion active users.
Instagram bios are a short biography of yourself that users can fill out. They show up on your profile page and they also appear if you search for a username on Instagram itself.
Have you ever felt like your old Instagram bios are just embarrassing to look at now? You know, the ones where not only have they stored all of our memories but also some really awkward moments. Don’t worry – here’s how I got my hands on an entire archiving of everything from ten years ago!
HOW TO SEE YOUR OLD INSTAGRAM BIOS
1. Head to instagram.com/username and enter your username- you’ll need a bit of patience for this one as it takes a while to load all the results. But hey, you’re in luck – it’s worth it!
2. Once the page is done loading, click on “See posts from other years” in the top right-hand corner. You’ll be able to scroll back through your old posts and bios!
3. Alternatively, you can also search for a particular user and once you’re on their profile page, click on “See posts from other years.”
TWITTER USERS REACT TO THEIR OLD BIOS
Twitter user Daphne Oz, who is the daughter of The Dr. Oz Show host and author Dr. Mehmet Oz, responded to her old bio from 2009.
“In 2009, I was a senior in college writing my thesis on the history of social media,” she wrote. “9 years later, that feels pretty funny.”
One Twitter user also commented that they wouldn’t recognize themselves as the same person if they looked at their old bios. “I can’t remember being this young,” they wrote, “and I’ve been alive for 22 years.”
“Honestly, looking at my old Instagram biographies is a good reminder of why i delete all my social media every 6-8 months,” said another user.
While it’s fun to look back on our old bios, it’s also interesting to see how our lives have changed over the years. The next time you’re feeling nostalgic, be sure to check out your old bios! You might be surprised at what you find.
OTHER OLD INFORMATION YOU CAN ACCESS
It’s not just your old bios that Instagram lets you access either, you can also see a lot more information about your Instagram account including:
• Photos you’ve posted in the past, what posts got the most likes – all your stats
• Your Instagram story archive (although this is only available for Android users)
• Older versions of your profile If you ever feel like revisiting any part of your account history or starting afresh, it’s easy to do so with the help of Instagram.
- Old Names
- The date you joined Instagram
- Old phone numbers
- Login activity
- Story activity
All of this can be accessed from the same place!
There you have it – an easy way to revisit some of your most embarrassing moments (or just plain old memories). Enjoy!