India eVisa Eligibility
- Emiratis citizens can apply for an Indian Visa from Emirates Dubai
- UAE was a launch member of the India eVisa program
- Emiratis citizens enjoy fast entry using the India eVisa program
Other eTA Requirements
- Emiratis citizens can apply for India eVisa online
- India eVisa is valid for arrival by air and cruise ship
- India Tourist Visa is available for 1 month, 1 year or 5 years
- India Business Visa is valid for 12 months
- India Visa for Medical purposes can also be applied online
The Indian Visa for Emiratis citizens / passport holders has been available as online application form since 2014 from the Indian Government. This visa to India allows travellers from UAE and other countries to visit India for short term stays. These short term stays range between 30, 90 and 180 days per visit depending on the purpose of visit. There are 5 major categories of electronic India Visa (India eVisa) and loans available to citizens of UAE. The categories available to Emiratis citizens for visit to India under the electronic India Visa or eVisa India regulations are for Tourist purposes, Business Visits or Medical Visit (both as a Patient or as medical attendant / nurse to the Patient) to visit India.
Emiratis citizens who are visiting India for recreation / sightseeing / meeting friends / relatives / short term yoga programme / short term courses less than 6 months in duration can now apply for an electronic India Visa for Touristic purposes also known as eTourist Visa with either 1 month (2 entry), 1 year or 5 years of validity (multiple entries into India under 2 duration of visa).
Indian Visa from UAE can be applied online on this website and can receive the eVisa to India by Email. The process is extremely simplified for the Emiratis citizens. The only requirement is to have an Email Id, a Credit / Debit card in 1 of the 133 currencies or Paypal. The electronic Indian Visa (India eVisa) is an official document that permits entry into and travel within India.
Indian Visa for Emiratis citizens will be sent via email, after they have completed the online application form with the necessary information and once the online credit card payment has been verified.
Emiratis citizens will be sent a secure link to their email address for any documents required for Indian Visa to support their application such as photograph of face or passport bio data page, these can up either uploaded on this website or emailed back to the Customer Support team’s email address.
What are the requirements to obtain Indian Visa from UAE
The requirement for Emiratis citizens are to have the following ready for Indian Visa from Ecuador:
- Email Id
- Credit/Debit Card or Paypal Account
- Ordinary Passport that is valid for 6 months
How long does it take for Emiratis citizens to fill out an online form
The Indian Visa for Emiratis citizens can be completed in matter of few minutes via an online form. Once the payment has been made, additional details that are requested depending on the type of Visa can be provided by email or uploaded later also take between 2-3 minutes to complete.
How soon can Emiratis citizens expect to get an electronic Indian Visa (eVisa India)
Indian Visa from UAE is available within 3-4 business days at the earliest. In certain cases rush processing can be attempted. It is recommended to apply India Visa at least 4 days in advance of your travel.
Once the electronic India Visa (eVisa India) has been delivered by email, it can be saved on your phone or printed on paper and carried in person to the airport. There is no need to visit the embassy or Indian consulate.
Which ports can the Emiratis citizens arrive on electronic India Visa (eVisa India)
The following 29 airports allow passengers to enter India on the electronic India Visa (eVisa India):
- Port Blair
What do Emiratis citizens need to do after receiving on electronic Visa for India by email (eVisa India)
Once the electronic Visa for India (eVisa India) has been delivered by email, it can be saved on your phone or printed on paper and carried in person to the airport. There is no need to visit the embassy or Indian consulate.
What does an Indian Visa for Emiratis citizens look like?
Do my children also require an electronic Visa for India? Is there a group Visa for India?
Yes, all individuals require a Visa for India regardless of their age including new born babies with their own separate Passport. There is no concept of family or a groups Visa for India, each individual must apply for their own India Visa application.
When should Emiratis citizens apply for Visa to India?
Indian Visa from UAE (Electronic Visa to India) can be applied anytime as long as your journey is within the next 1 year.
Do Emiratis citizens need an India Visa (eVisa India) if coming by cruise ship?
Electronic India Visa is required if coming by a cruise ship. As of today, however, the eVisa India is valid on the following sea ports if arriving by cruise ship:
11 Things To Do and Places of Interest for Emiratis Citizens
- Marine Drive – Take An Evening Walk
- Parsi Cafes – Check Them Out
- Enjoy a meal at India Habitat Centre
- Watch the fair at Pragati Maidan
- Join the chanting at the ISKCON temple, New Delhi
- Grab a bargain at the Sunday book market, New Delhi
- Trekking at Kuari Pass
- Trek to Highest Peak of Madhya Pradesh, Dhoopgarh
- Get into a Thrilling Cable Car Ride over the Dhuandhar Falls
- Go for Adventurous Camping at Sailani Tapu
- Take a peek at the artistry and architecture of the Salim Singh ki Haveli in Jaisalmer
Visa on arrival
30-day visa on arrival
Citizens of these countries do not require advance visa arrangements to enter the UAE and can obtain a visa upon arrival for 30 days with a 10-day grace period for extension.
90-day visa on arrival
Citizens of these countries do not require advance visa arrangements to enter the UAE and can obtain a visa upon arrival for 90 days:
Indian citizens holding a normal passport and either
- a visit visa issued by the USA or
- a green card issued by the USA or
- a residence visa issued by the UK or
- a residence visa issued by the EU
can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 14 days provided that the visas or the green card is valid for at least six months from the date of arrival into the UAE.
Read about the UAE visa requirements for non-US citizens.
Note: Passports must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into the UAE. Lists of countries eligible for visa on arrival may vary from time to time; therefore, please check with the UAE embassy in your country before travelling to the UAE.
Visa on arrival- General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs Dubai
For more information, please contact:
- The UAE Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship, Customs and Port Security
- General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai
Pre-arranged entry permits
Anyone who does not have the privilege of getting a visa-free entry or a visa on arrival will require an entry permit prior to arrival into the UAE and someone to sponsor it.
What type of entry permit you need?
The entry permit you need depends on the purpose of your visit. It could be for:
Requirements for an entry permit
These are the requirements for an entry permit:
- You need a sponsor to apply for your entry permit. The sponsor could be:
- an Emirati citizen
- an expatriate resident with valid residency permit in the UAE
- a UAE-based airline
- a UAE-based hotel or tour agent
- a government entity
- companies in the private sector or free zones.
2. Prospective visitors seeking entry permits are required to have a genuine passport, valid for at least six months.
3. A visa ban prohibits a person from entering the country or taking up a new job. Prospective visitors must not have been deported or be banned from entering the UAE in which case, he needs to obtain special permission to re-enter.