The new macOS Big Sur 11.3 update boosts the user experience of the Macbook M1. It comes with multiple voices for Siri, hibernation mode, AirTag support, new Safari experience, different gaming controller support, fixes various bugs and many other features that will pop out your eyes in surprise.
Recently Apple has been in the news because it’s confidential files were hacked by Russian hackers. It is again catching headlines but the topic is different this time. Apple fans, especially those who own Macbooks would be happy to know that macOS Big Sur 11.3 update is here. The software will provide optimizations to, not long ago released, Macbook M1 computers.
You can check for the update via System Preferences > Software Update. There’s a detailed step at the bottom of this post for updating macOS Big Sur.
What’s new in this update?
The update comes with Touch alternatives settings for adjusting keyboard commands in place of touch input. This was previously used only in iPhone and iPad but now it has debuted on Mac computers.
It is much easier to play iPhone games on Macbook with this Big Sur 11.3 update. This is because the Controller Emulation will automatically match the game controls of iPhone to Mac’s keyboard and mouse. Additionally, M1 Macbooks will finally support Hibernation features which save more battery than the sleep mode.
The macOS Big Sur 11.3 update has made using Mac thousands of times more better. The new safari feature to customize the audio format support, start page section, WebM and vorbis video are pretty cool.
It has been added with multiple voice options for Siri. This is good news for those who were fed up by listening to the same voice of Siri.
Apple has given a huge surprise to gaming lovers by providing Xbox Series X S Wireless Controller and Sony PS5 DualSense Wireless Controller support on Macbooks using M1 chip.
This update also fixes the Shlayer malware.
“Apple also patched earlier macOS versions to prevent abuse, and pushed out updated rules to XProtect, macOS’ in-built anti-malware engine, to block malware from exploiting the vulnerability.”, says TechCrunch.
Also Read: Best Gaming Laptops in 2022
Updates with macOS Big Sur 11.3
macOS Big Sur 11.3 adds support for AirTag, includes iPhone and iPad app improvements for Macs with M1, introduces separate skin tone variations for emoji with couples, and adds more diverse voice options for Siri.
AirTag and Find My
- Support for AirTag to keep track of and find your important items like your keys, wallet, backpack, and more, privately and securely in the Find My app
- The Find My network with hundreds of millions of devices can help you find your AirTag, even when it isn’t nearby
- Lost Mode notifies you when your AirTag is found, and you can enter a phone number where you can be contacted
iPhone and iPad apps on Macs with M1
- Option to change an iPhone and iPad app’s window size
- Support for displaying the highest resolution version of an iPhone or iPad app in full screen
- Keyboard support for iPhone and iPad games designed to use device tilt
- Keyboard, mouse, and trackpad support for iPhone and iPad games that support game controllers
- Support for separate skin tones for each individual in all variations of the couple kissing emoji and couple with heart emoji
- New face emojis, heart emojis, woman with a beard emoji
- Siri now includes more diverse voice options
- Autoplay keeps the music playing by automatically playing a similar song once you’ve reached the end of a song or playlist
- City charts showcase what’s popular in over 100 cities from all over the world
- Podcasts Show Pages are redesigned to make it easier to start listening
- Option to save and download episodes, automatically adding them to your Library for quick access
- Download behaviour and notification settings can be customised on a show-by-show basis
- Top Charts and popular categories in Search help you discover new shows
- Redesigned News+ feed enables Apple News+ subscribers to quickly find, download, and manage magazine and newspaper issues
- All-new search experience that helps you find relevant topics, channels, and stories
- Start Page section order can now be customised
- Additional WebExtensions API lets developers offer extensions that replace the new tab page
- Web Speech API lets developers incorporate speech recognition into their web pages for real-time captioning, dictation, and voice navigation
- WebM and Vorbis video and audio format support
- Ability to sort Today Smart list
- Support for syncing the order of reminders in lists across your devices
- Option to print your reminder lists
- Xbox Series X|S Wireless Controller or Sony PS5 DualSense Wireless Controller support
Mac computers with the M1 chip
- Hibernation support
About This Mac
- About this Mac displays Apple warranty status and AppleCare+ coverage in the Service tab when signed in with Apple ID
- Support for purchasing and enrolling in AppleCare+ for eligible Mac computers from About This Mac
This release also fixes the following issues:
- Reminders created via Siri may be unintentionally set for early morning hours
- iCloud Keychain might not turn off
- AirPods audio routing to incorrect device for Automatic Switching
- AirPods Automatic Switching notifications might be missing or duplicated
- External 4K monitors may not display in full resolution when connected over USB-C
- Login window may not display properly after restarting Mac mini (M1, 2020)
- The Dwell feature may not work in the Accessibility Keyboard
Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices, and require an Apple ID.
You find the above information in the official page of Apple by visiting
How to update to macOS Big Sur 11.3
The size of this update is about 5.5GB so it might take a while to download macOS big sur. Here are the steps to install it
- Click on the Apple menu. (It is the small Apple logo on the top-left corner)
- Choose About this map. (It appears on top of the list)
- Go to Overview Tab.
- Tap on the Software update option.
- In order to install it, click on the Update Now button.
After it’s installed, you will need to restart your PC to make changes to the computer.
Also Read: OnePlus 9 Pro Full Review
If you want to buy web hosting then Nest Nepal is the best choice.