Built with a hefty battery and best camera, Motorola Moto G9 Play is priced at Rs.19,990 in Nepal. The overall performance of the phone was impressive and the massive 512GB storage was a cherry on top.
Motorola is back in Nepal with a bang and its first contender that is trying to rule the mid-range smartphone market is Moto G9 Play.
With a hefty battery, triple camera setup and build quality, the device is setting the bar really high for its competitors. So, let’s see what features and specs this handset offers.
Design and Display
The body of Moto G9 Play is made out of plastic that looks smooth and shiny. This curved designed smartphone is available in color options of blue and green.
Even though the plastic body slightly attracts fingerprints, you can cover it with a transparent case that comes packed in the box. It has a dimension of 165.2×75.7×9.2mm and is 200g heavy.
Furthermore, the water-repellent design becomes convenient during light rain or accidental spills.
However, the company doesn’t advise you to submerge the device in water as it is not waterproof. We have seen similar types of water resistant coating on Poco M2 as well.
The screen is sized at 6.5 inches with an aspect ratio of 20:9. Moreover, this Max Vision HD+ display delivers a resolution of 1600 x 720 pixels.
This is a basic resolution so it’s not quite sharp as some rivals like Redmi 9 Prime. However, I was happy with the pixels while watching GOT, Vikings and Friends.
The display also has a night-time mode which comforts your eyes and saves more battery.
Performance and Memory
Motorola Moto G9 Play is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 processor(2GHz) that is based on the 11nm node.
The performance is pretty decent for a phone under 20k and apps load without any trouble. The Adreno 610 graphics card can handle a little bit of gaming without any problem.
Also, the phone provides 4GB RAM along with an internal storage of 64GB. The storage is expandable and it can be increased to up to 521GB using a microSD card.
This type of memory configuration is also available in phones under 15k in Nepal.
Also Read: Best Gaming Laptops in Nepal (2021)
The Moto G9 Play uses triple camera setup, on the back, for capturing every moment in crystal clear HD resolution.
It is partnered with depth and macro cameras of 2 megapixels each. Motorola also has a composition feature that can automatically crop your pictures to make them look better.
The selfie camera of 8 MP has an aperture of f/2.2. It performs almost the same as back cameras and the picture comes great when there’s enough light.
In the same way, the auto smile feature can identify up to five faces in the same frame.
The video capability of G9 Play is super awesome as these cameras can record videos in FHD resolution at 60 frames per second. Additionally, it also supports slow mode, timelapse and hyper-lapse videos.
The phone uses a massive 5000mAh battery and it will keep you going for two full days between charges. That’s even while making use of the camera and video conference.
Even though the Motorola Moto G9 Play supports 15W turbo power charging, the phone is packed with a 20W Type-C adapter.
Cool shortcut features
The Moto G9 Play uses some cool shortcuts for doing normal work. Like that funky double karate chop for turning on the flashlight or wrist twist to activate the camera. You can also drag the notifications bar, with just a single hand, from behind.
For getting access to google assistant, you can press a dedicated key mounted on the top of the right hand side.
Motorola Moto G9 Play Specifications
- Body: 6.50 x 2.98 x 0.36 inches, 200 gm, Water-repellent design
- Display: 6.5-inches IPS LCD panel, 269PPI, 87% screen-to-body ratio
- Resolution: HD+ (1600 x 720 pixels), 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 (11nm Mobile Platform)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64/128GB internal storage (expandable up to 512GB)
- Software & UI: Android 10
- Rear Camera: Triple-camera;
– 48MP primary sensor with f/1.7 aperture, PDAF
– 2MP macro lens with f/2.4 aperture
– 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
– LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- Security: Physical fingerprint sensor (rear-mounted)
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack, loudspeaker
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual-SIM (Nano), WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS / AGPS / Glonass / Galileo / LTEPP / SUPL, USB Type-C, NFC, 4G LTE
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Ambient Light, Sar
- Battery: 5000mAh with 15W charging
- Colors: Forest Green, Sapphire Blue, Spring Pink
Note: We cannot guarantee that the specifications here are 100% correct. Source: Gadgetbytenepal
Motorola Moto G9 Play Price in Nepal and Availability
The official price of Motorola Moto G9 Play in Nepal is Rs.19,990. Furthermore, you can easily order the G9 Play from Daraz.
|Model Name||Price in Nepal||Availability|
|Motorola Moto G9 Play(4+128GB)||Rs.19,990||Daraz|